The Pilot Custom K series of pens, released in 1971, consists of three pens, each created to look different but with the same intent. The pens can be found as a stainless steel pen with black chrome stripes running along its body down to the nib (K-500SS), a sterling silver pen with a checkered body (K-1000SS), and a pen created with gorgeous wood from painted maple trees (K-500KS). These different styles of pens were created to give a sense of individuality to each person who bought one, and they continue to live up to their duty today. The Custom series grew to be one of the most popular Pilot fountain pens and has been produced in a variety of styles and finishes. It is these three pens that started the line.
Pre-owned Pilot Custom Sterling Silver Fountain Pen
- Manufacturer/Model: Pilot Custom K-1000SS, Stainless Steel
- Year: Hiratsuka Factory, September, 1978
- Color: Silver, checkered
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Nib: 18k Gold, Fine
- Filling System: Cartridge/Converter
- Condition: Fair condition. Barrel is highly discolored & grip shows some micro-scratching.
- Warranty: 90 days
- Made in Japan
- Length capped: 135 mm
- Barrel length inc nib: 121 mm
- Cap length: 63 mm
- Barrel diameter: 12 mm
- Section diameter: 10 mm