The Pilot Custom K series of pens, released in 1971, consists of three pens, each created to look different but with the same intent. The pens can be found as a stainless steel pen with black chrome stripes running along its body down to the nib (K-500SS), a sterling silver pen with a checkered body (K-1000SS), and a pen created with gorgeous wood from painted maple trees (K-500KS). These different styles of pens were created to give a sense of individuality to each person who bought one, and they continue to live up to their duty today. The Custom series grew to be one of the most popular Pilot fountain pens and has been produced in a variety of styles and finishes. It is these three pens that started the line.
Pre-owned Pilot Custom K500-SS Black Stripe Fountain Pen.
This pen is equipped with an 18K Gold fine nib. This pen is in very good condition. Barrel, cap and grip section show some moderate micro scratches/scuffs. Pen still comes with original price tag. Possibly New old Stock.
- Manufacturer/Model: Pilot Custom K500-SS Black Stripe
- Year: Hiratsuka factory, October, 1974
- Color: Stainless Steel with Black Stripes
- Material: Stainless Steel/Resin
- Nib: 18K Gold, Fine
- Filling System: Cartridge/Converter
- Condition: Very Good Condition. Barrel, cap and grip section show some moderate micro scratches/scuffs. Pen still comes with original price tag. Possibly New old Stock.
- Warranty: 90 days
- Made in Japan
- Length capped: 135 mm
- Barrel length inc nib: 122 mm
- Cap length: 64 mm
- Barrel diameter: 12 mm
- Section diameter: 10 mm